Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Time For Fall (literally)

I can't believe the summer is gone and I didn't blog at all! I forgot about it. Thank goodness for my niece who gently (??) reminded me. I had a birthday since then, just a few weeks ago. I'm slowly getting over the shock that, yes, even I, am aging. It's a hard pill to swallow at first, but thankfully there's saliva!! What can I say? A famous quote comes to mind: "getting old is not for the squeamish". I was hoping for a easy decline, but instead "all dive" is ringing in my ears! Yikes and double yikes! The hardest part is seeing the looks people give you when they haven't seen you for a long time. First it's shock, then disbelief. Slowly a tender sympathy fills their eyes as they turn and walk away. Let em' look, let em' walk!! The best years of my life are ahead of me and I still have alot to offer! By golly, I'll show em'. This aging thing is going to be a piece of cake. (Make that two pieces of cake (chocolate), and throw in a bag of extra crunchy chips and a chocolate malt. If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down with a well padded smile on my face!)

Till next time!

No comments: